Smarter Uniforms are a local organisation that provide donated and upcycled branded and unbranded school uniforms at a fraction of the regular retail value.
From 11am Friday to Sunday, LUSH will be running the pop-up shop. With free bath bombs to anyone who is able to donate school supplies and stationery, which will be distributed by Sussex organisation Pelican Parcels.
- Annual uniform costs £326 per child per year (average UK household has 3 children)
- 780,000 children wear uniforms that do not fit correctly due to households struggling to pay uniform costs
- 350,000 children are estimated to have been sent home for wearing ‘incorrect items’
- 1.1million children live in families that have cut back on spending on food or other basic essentials as a result of uniform costs
- Uniforms costs in the UK approximately £2.1 billion per year
- 23% of parents struggle to pay uniform costs